MeiZhongTai

Monday, June 13, 2005

CCP is China's Kryptonite

An entertaining piece from the always amusing and often thought-provoking Mark Steyn. Excerpts:
"If I were a young journalist today, figuring out where I should go to make my career, I would go to China," said Philip Bennett, the Washington Post's managing editor, in a fawning interview with the People's Daily in Beijing a few weeks back. "I think China is the best place in the world to be an American journalist right now."
Really? Tell it to Zhao Yan of the New York Times' Beijing bureau, who was arrested last September and has been held without trial ever since.

If the People's Republic is now the workshop of the world, the Communist Party is the bull in its own China shop
And if that wasn't clear enough...
Anti-Americans betting on Beijing will find the China shop is in the end mostly a lot of bull.